Duties, Authorities, Responsibilities and Training of Occupational Safety Specialists”, and will assign occupational safety specialists.
CONSULTANCY AND GUIDANCE SERVICE
DETAM will perform the following services through the OHS Experts appointed by DETAM:
- Advising the employer on the planning, organization and implementation of the work, including the design, condition of machinery and other equipment, maintenance, selection and materials used in relation to the work done and changes to be made in the workplace. To provide suggestions and recommendations to the employer in order to ensure that the selection, supply, use, maintenance, storage and testing of personal protective equipment are maintained in accordance with the occupational health and safety legislation and general occupational safety rules.
- Investigating the causes of work accidents and occupational diseases in the workplace and to make recommendations to the employer by conducting studies on measures to be taken to prevent recurrence.
- Work on investigating the causes of incidents that occur in the workplace but do not cause death or injury, but that have the potential to damage the employee, equipment or workplace, and make suggestions to the employer..
PERFORM A RISK ASSESSMENT
Participating in studies and implementation of risk assessment in terms of occupational health and safety, making suggestions to the employer on health and safety measures to be taken as a result of risk assessment, and following up and revising them with the Occupational Safety Board established at the workplace, if any.
SURVEILLANCE OF THE OCCUPATIONAL WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Surveillance of the working environment, planning periodic maintenance, control and measurements required to be carried out in the workplace in accordance with occupational health and safety legislation, having them done through accredited organizations and controlling their applications.
- Participating in the work done to prevent accidents, fires or explosions in the workplace, to have drills done.
- Making suggestions to the employer about the prevention of work accidents/incidents, to follow the practices,
- Participating in the preparation of emergency plans for situations such as natural disasters, accidents, fires or explosions, monitoring and controlling periodic trainings and exercises on this issue and acting in line with the emergency plan.
- Preparing the annual evaluation report, in which the workplace health and safety studies and work environment surveillance results are recorded, in cooperation with the workplace doctor in accordance with its example.
- Organizing informing activities for employees, submitting them to the approval of the employer and controlling their implementation.
- Preparing occupational health and safety instructions and work permit procedures in order to be used where necessary, submitting them to the approval of the employer and checking their implementation.
- Evaluating work accidents and occupational diseases with the workplace doctor, to prepare the necessary preventive action plans and to follow up the applications by conducting examinations and researches to prevent the recurrence of the dangerous incident.
- Workşng in cooperation with the occupational health and safety board of which it is a member, if found,
- Supporting and cooperating with employee representatives and support staff.
- Informing activities for the employees will be examined and the applications to be made will be submitted to the approval of the employer and the application will be checked periodically.
- Occupational health and safety instructions, procedures and work permits will be prepared and submitted to the approval of the employer and periodically controlled.
TRAINING, INFORMING AND ARCHIEVE PROCEDURE
- It is to plan the occupational health and safety training of the employees within the framework of the “Risk Assesment ” to be carried out in accordance with the relevant legislation, to submit it to the approval of the employer and to control the applications within the framework of the plan below.
- Training The number of participants will be decided together with the management.
- Trainings will be carried out by the experts in charge with powerpoint shows, animated films, images of occupational accidents and applied studies.
- All personnel participating in the training will be given a “Participation Certificate” on Basic Training Subjects. (There is an obligation to continue education for the certificate.)
- Training activity evaluation forms will be prepared as a result of the exam to be held after the trainings.
- The content of the training will be shaped after the risk assesment.
Contact us to benefit from our experience and knowledge since 1996.